Home » Accommodation in Volcanoes National Park
Luxury Lodges In Virunga National Park Congo
Bisate Lodge Volcanoes
Bisate Lodge is a luxurious retreat, with 6 forest villas in a secluded location just outside the southern boundaries of Volcanoes National Park.
The lodge is close to the town of Musanze, and only a 20-minute drive from the headquarters of the park, making Bisate a perfect place to stay during your gorilla trekking safaris in Rwanda.
Some of the villas do have a view of the other two prominent volcanoes, Mikeno and Karisimbi. In fact, the lodge itself is located within a very small volcanic cone of its own-which, thankfully, has been extinct for a long time-the word ‘Bisate’ means ‘pieces’ in English.
Accommodation At Bisate Lodge Includes;
- Each of the six forest villas at Bisate Lodge has a small cloakroom in which to leave your boots (inevitably muddy after a morning trekking!), before opening into a spacious lounge and bedroom area.
- The rooms are very modern in design
- They have a large double or twin beds,
- Rooms also have a seating area which can be used as a daybed, and a big fireplace.
- There is a mini bar and tea/coffee station
- Rooms have a writing desk and a tablet loaded with lodge information, and details on local community projects, the resident gorilla groups; Rwanda in general; the country’s history; and bird and local wildlife species checklists.
- Rooms have spacious en-suite bathrooms each have twin sinks, a shower and a freestanding bath tub,
- Many of the extra little touches you’d expect from such a high-end lodge, including bathrobes, slippers and Africology toiletries are also available.
- Each villa has an outside balcony seating area.
- In-room massages can be provided, and may be welcome after trekking!
Facilities And Services At Bisate Lodge Include;
Main Area Of Bisate
- This is built in the same thatched style, with three large ‘nests’, featuring a restaurant on one side, a lounge bar to the other and a reception in the centre.
- In the reception area guests are able to learn about the lodge’s involvement in local projects and initiatives, and also about the local flora and fauna.
- Here you will also find a small selection of souvenirs and curios for sale, all locally made and sourced.
- The restaurant area has an indoor and outdoor seating area.
- A wine cellar has been built beneath the restaurant, with wine tastings an additional feature of the lodge.
- There is a library with one of the world’s largest private collections of primate reference books.
- In the library there is also a television, which is used for showing nature documentaries.
Food & drink
- The food at Bisate is of a very high standard, wonderful flavours, a variety choice and well presented.
- There are no strict set meal times, and guests are encouraged to be as relaxed as they wish, although meals largely follow the standard ‘trekking times’ of the Volcanoes area.
- An early continental buffet breakfast, will accommodate trekkers, and packed snacks will be provided for trekking days if guests wish.
- If you are not trekking and have time for a more leisurely breakfast you can choose from a selection of hot dishes cooked to order, from the à la carte menu.
- Lunch is usually à la carte and is served between midday and 3.00pm, but this will be flexible, again to accommodate trekkers, as the length of treks can vary greatly.
- Dinner is a three-course affair and is also chosen from an à la carte menu, with a couple of options for each course. During our stay we enjoyed a blue cheese salad, a delicately flavored pea risotto and bread and butter pudding.
- Vegetarian options are readily available, and with advance notice special diets and requests can be catered.
Power Supply Notes
- There’s a generator as back-up.
- Wi-Fi is available in each forest villa, though not in the main area.
- There is limited cellphone reception, but a phone is available at reception if guests need it.
- Each villa is provided with an iPad, filled with documentaries, extra info on the gorillas, the groups, other wildlife, birds and wildlife species checklists, as well as any additional guest information.
- Each villa is also provided with a handheld radio to communicate with management if necessary.
- Guards are on site 24-7 and the lodge has trained up local community members for much of their security work.
- Same day laundry service is included.
Fitness and health facilities like sauna, massage, and gym
Virunga Lodge is situated about 50 minute drives from the headquarters of Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park.
Virunga Lodge is an excellent lodge offering a good level of luxury and stunning views. The lodge is perched high on a ridge with the finest views in Africa, overlooking the Virunga Volcanoes and the Musanze valley to the west and Lake Bulera and Ruhondo to the east.
Accommodation At Virunga Lodge Includes;
- Ten spacious stone rooms
- Room categories include eight standard rooms and two ‘deluxe’ rooms – each named after an African lake.
- Rooms have a rustic design with a neutral colour scheme, and have been finished to a high standard.
- All rooms at Virunga Lodge have wooden floors, chunky wooden furniture, large verandas and a fireplace to keep you warm in the evening.
- The rooms feature spacious en-suite bathrooms have flushing toilets, twin sinks and walk-in showers.
- The ‘deluxe’ rooms are a little larger than the standard rooms, and each has an adjoining lounge with a number of comfy sofas.
Facilities And Services At Virunga Lodge Include;
- The communal area is set at the top of the hill.
- Here you’ll find a cozy lounge with sofas, coffee tables and bookshelves arranged around a central stone fireplace.
- There is a bar in one corner, with friendly staff on hand to serve you a drink.
- The adjacent spacious dining area houses a large wooden dining table with guests coming together in the evenings to share a meal.
Food & Drink
- The menu is fairly international in style.
- Dinner is a three-course meal.
- Main courses included marinated pork medallions, marinated paneer and vegetable skewers, and a ‘taste of Rwanda platter’.
- Dessert was warm chocolate and cashew brownies with homemade ice cream.
- There is a small spa, and all guests can enjoy a complimentary 30-minute massage during their stay, which after a full morning in the mountains is a welcome treat.
- A local Intore dance troupe performs regularly in the beautiful terraced gardens..
- There is 24-hour security around the lodge.
- Fire extinguishers are found in all areas.
- Laundry is included.
Sabinyo Silverback Lodge
Sabinyo Silverback Lodge is located on the edge of Volcanoes National Park. It is built at an altitude of 2,515m, with spectacular views of the surrounding volcanoes, mountains and countryside.
The lodge is just a 20-minute drive from the national park headquarters, and is one of the more luxurious lodges in the area.
Sabyinyo Silverback is the sister camp to the well-known Governors’ Camp in Kenya’s Maasai Mara.
It is named after one of the extinct volcanoes in the Virunga range (‘sabyinyo’ being derived from the Kinyarwanda word iryinyo, meaning ‘tooth’), and sits in the foothills of its namesake volcano and counterparts.
Set in beautiful, and vast, landscaped gardens, the lodge’s buildings are made from local stone, with terracotta roof tiles, reminiscent of an English country home, but blending in well with the local surroundings.
The gardens are well-maintained, and include a garden of calla lilies: Sabyinyo Lodge grows its own flowers to stock the large vases found throughout the rooms.
Guest Accommodation At Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge Consists Of;
- Six cottages, two suites and a family cottage
- All the rooms are spacious, and have an equally spacious en suite bathroom.
- They are decorated in the same style, too, with gentle terracotta and white colours throughout, and stunning wildlife paintings, mainly of the gorillas.
- Each room comes with large double or twin beds (complete with very snug bedding)
- Each room has a dressing room (with plenty of hanging space and shelving, which houses a safe)
- All rooms have a minibar, pre-stocked with bottled water and bottles of wine, should you wish to relax in your room rather than head to the bar.
- Rooms have comfortable seating areas that feature a fireplace for cooler evenings.
- In the bathrooms you’ll find double basins, flushing toilets, hot showers and a separate bath, as well as beautifully-scented complimentary toiletries.
- Outside, there’s a private veranda, with more seating, a hammock, and the ubiquitous umbrellas (helpfully located outside most lodges in the Volcanoes area) for those rainy days!
- The suites are slightly larger than the cottages, with more of a separate lounge area.
- Each suite also has a TV that is pre-loaded with documentaries and films relating to Rwanda, its history, and the local wildlife.
- The family cottage is similar in style to the other cottages, but has two spacious en-suite bedrooms, connected by a shared veranda.
Facilities And Services At Sabinyo Silverback Lodge;
- There are great views from the outdoor decks of both the bar and the dining room.
- A large sitting room with very comfy sofas leads out to patio areas, which also have stunning views across to the Virungas.
- Locally made souvenirs are available from a small curio area.
Food & Drink
The menus were varied and interesting, the food is beautifully presented and portions and well-balanced.
You will be asked at breakfast for your lunch choices, and in the evening for your dinner preferences. Meals follow the trekking times for guests.
Breakfast starts early. Fruit, cereals and pastries are buffet style, with a menu of cooked options available.
Lunch can either be had at the lodge, or as a packed lunch to take on your day trip. Lunch include spinach soup, with home-made scotch eggs, Mediterranean salad with grilled vegetables, brie, avocado and bacon.
Dinner, include hors d’oeuvres of Moroccan meatballs and sundried tomato crostini, a starter of mini cheese soufflé, and a delicious and light lemon chicken piccata for main course, with mini roast potatoes and vegetables. One of the dessert options include lemon tartlet with vanilla sauce, a decadent molten chocolate fondue shot, brandy flambéed fruit skewers, and African tea.
- The lodge is connected to mains electricity, though it also has a back-up generator.
- Each room has plenty of plug sockets for charging, including British three- pin sockets.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the rooms and the lodge main area.
- Telephone, fax and email are all available at the lodge reception.
TV & Radio
- Sabyinyo Silverback has an information room with a large TV, plenty of DVDs and CDs, and pre-loaded documentaries and films.
- The two suites also have televisions.
- The lodge has 24-hour security guards patrolling the site.
- Daily laundry services are included
One &Only Gorilla’s Nest Lodge
This resort is set in a eucalyptus forest at the base of the Virunga Volcano Range and it is the closet resort to Volcanoes National Park. The resort is located 120 kilometres northwest of capital Kigali, and cushioned in the foothills of the Volcanoes National Park on the edge of the spectacular Virunga Mountains.
Accommodation At One & Only Gorilla’s Nest Lodge Includes;
An intimate collection of 21 lodges and suites, swathed in eucalyptus and volcano views.
Forest Lodge King
- This features luxurious king-sized bedroom
- Open-air viewing deck
- An invigorating al fresco shower or standalone bath with undisturbed private views
- The lodge has a mini bar, TV, internet access, and accommodates 2 adults.
Two-Bedroom Forest Lodge;
- This features separate bedrooms connected by a spacious outdoor viewing deck, perfect for families and friends.
- It has a king bed master room and a second convertible twin or king bedroom.
- There is a large central bathroom that features a spectacular standalone bath with personal views that follow the changing colours of the natural world.
- This lodge also features a mini bar.
- The Virunga suite has open-air bathtub, outdoor shower, lounge area.
- The suite features a chic king bedroom, grand master bathroom with large standalone bath and shower, and separate living and dining spaces with a roaring fireplace at the heart.
- There is a resident chef and butler who are always on call. The suite also features a private catering kitchen, TV and Wi-Fi.
- Ingagi Suite has spacious deck, striking master bedroom inside that offers expansive living and dining spaces with a cozy fireplace and convertible sofa bed.
- This suite has master bathroom with standalone bathtub, indoor and outdoor showers to enjoy the natural views.
- There is a resident chef and butler who are always on call.
- There is also a private catering kitchen, balcony, Minibar, and Wi-Fi.
- This suite has a richly adorned master bedroom that offers a spectacular private bathroom, a large living room with a fireplace, and dining room.
- It has an expansive multi-level terrace with spectacular views of the forest.
- There is an open-air lounge, barbecue terrace, and a cozy fire pit.
Facilities And Services At One &Only Gorilla’s Nest Lodge Include;
There is a team of local passionate chef who prepares dishes with carefully selected ingredients.
From a quiet early morning coffee to a romantic evening meal – enjoy local seasonal cuisine in complete harmony with the natural surroundings.
This is where you can sit and relax as the resident mixologist craft the resort’s signature cocktails for you.
This perfect place to enhance your healthy lifestyle, or delve into a new world of spiritual and physical development
Sparkling infinity pool
5. Singita Kwitonda Lodge
Kwitonda lodge is set right on the edge of Volcanoes National Park.
It is set within a landscape of wetlands and lush meadows with magnificent views of the Sabyinyo, Gahinga and Muhabura volcanoes.
Designed around local materials, the buildings have been crafted using volcanic rock, river stone, handmade ceramic tiles and oven-red clay bricks made by surrounding communities; connecting the structure to the landscape and its culture.
These influences, interpreted in a contemporary style come together in a current, authentic and entirely unique architectural layout that is sensitive to its context and enjoys the privilege of remarkable views.
Accommodation At Singita Kwitonda Lodge Includes;
7 One-Bedroom Suites (Sleeps 2)
- Have indoor and outdoor showers
- An indoor bath, a sitting/rest area
- Covered veranda
- Dressing room
- Mini bar
- An in-room massage area
- Indoor and outdoor fireplaces
- A heated plunge pool
A Two-Bedroom Suite (Sleeps 4)
- Have two identical bedrooms featuring indoor baths, indoor and outdoor showers, in-room massage areas and dressing rooms.
- The suite offers indoor and outdoor fireplaces, a more spacious sitting/rest area, a mini bar, covered veranda and a heated plunge pool
An Exclusive-Use Four-Bedroom Villa
- Sleeps 8
- Feature indoor baths and showers
- Have indoor and outdoor fireplaces
- Has an informal living and dining areas,
- An interactive kitchen
- Covered veranda
- Heated plunge pools
- Cinema room
- Massage treatment room
- Fitness centre and small cellar
Facilities And Services At Singita Kwitonda Lodge Include;
- Beautiful indoor and outdoor living spaces. This space forms an experiential enclave with lounges, dining areas, an outdoor fire pit, an interactive kitchen, bar deli and a wine cellar for guests to enjoy.
- In-room massage treatments
- Central fireplaces in suites and the main lodge
- Private outdoor heated plunge pools
- The on-site Akarabo Nursery and garden
- Wine cellar and tastings
- A dedicated Gear Room
- Two Boutique & Gallery cabinets in the main area of Kwitonda Lodge
- Conservation Room
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the lodge
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hairdryers are supplied in each suite
6.Amakoro Songa Lodge
Nestled in a small village outside the town of Kinigi, the Amakoro Songa Lodge is a genuine blend of conservation and tourism.
Amakoro Songa Lodge gets its name from the black volcanic rocks that characterize this mountainous part of Rwanda that is home to the Mountain Gorillas.
The lodge is set on a seven-acre plot with beautifully manicured lawns, surrounded by the Muhabura, Gahinga and Sabinyo mountain volcanoes.
Accommodation At Amakoro Songa Lodge Includes;
8 luxurious cottages designed and built to take advantage of its serene surroundings which give every visitor a chance to escape everyday life and a sense of tranquility.
All the cottages are intentionally furnished with rustic elegance, fusing local and modern pieces that create a good warmth and comfort.
The rooms are spacious, each with a fireplace, allow guests to opt for a post-trekking massage.
There is also an outdoor fireplace that is not to be missed and it allows guests to enjoy an evening drink while watching the traditional Intore Dance Troupe.
Facilities And Services At Amakoro Songa Lodge Include;
- When it comes to cuisine, the Lodge is big on “try local”. The chefs grow their spices and organic vegetables in lodge gardens and are able to cater to the tastes of the world.
- Amakoro Outdoor Fireplace
- Indoor Lounge and Fireplace
- Amakoro Bush Dinner
- Grass-Thatched Mongolian Dinner
- Community Engagement Experience
- Traditional Dancing Troupe
- Massages (In-Room Option)
- Views of the Volcanoes
Midrange Lodges In Volcanoes National Park
Five Volcanoes Boutique Hotel
Five Volcanoes Boutique Hotel in Musanze (Ruhengeri) is located on the road going to Kinigi is the perfect starting point to go for different activities that the Volcanoes National Park is offering but also gives you lot of opportunities to rest and to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the lodge.
Accommodation At Five Volcanoes Boutique Hotel Includes;
The lodge features 8 deluxe bedrooms (double/twin) and a Family Suite.
The Deluxe Double is a spacious room with a king-size bed or two separate beds. It has a self-contained bathroom with a “rainfall” shower and a bath tube.
It has additionally a changing room which gives space for the luggage. The rooms are equipped with a minibar and a tea/coffee station.
The Family Suite consists of two rooms, both equipped with double beds or twin beds (as desired), and own bathrooms with “rainfall” showers. The rooms are connected by a sitting room with a TV and minibar. It has tea and coffee station, Wi-Fi,
Volcano Manor (3 rooms)
These contain an air conditioner, a minibar, and a TV.
The VIP cottage has one double and one twin bedroom with private bathrooms for each room. There is a living room with a sofa bed, a small kitchen and dining area, and a private garden.
All rooms offer;
- Self-contained bathrooms with hot water shower
- Hair dryer
- Flat screen TVs (all satellite channels)
- Mini bar
- Laundry services (including dry-cleaning upon request)
- Security features (smoke detectors)
- All rooms are non-smoking rooms.
- All meals included with overnight stay
Facilities And Services At Five Volcanoes Boutique Hotel Comprise;
- Restaurant, Bar & Lounge area with an incredible view of the Volcanoes
- Lushfull, well-kept green garden areas surrounding all rooms
- Accessibility for disabled guests
- Pool (to be heated soon)
- 24/7 front desk
Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge
Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge is only 10 minutes’ drive from the Volcanoes National Park headquarters.
The proximity to the Park headquarters is very much convenient for trekkers, whereas its location offers full breathtaking views of Mountain Sabyinyo and the rest of the Virunga Mountains.
The lodge was constructed from environmentally friendly items as well as local materials such as bamboo.
Accommodation At Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge Comprises;
23 self-contained private cottages with an individual fireplace
The rooms were built and properly designed to offer you comfort. Room categories include single, double, triple and twin bedrooms.
The single bedroom has 1 king bed, wonderful garden views, Wi-Fi, private fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, and ensuite bathroom, and accommodates a maximum of three people.
The double bedroom has a lovely en suite bathroom, coffee making facilities, wonderful views of the gardens, 1 king bed, Wi-Fi, and a private fridge.
Triple beds rooms has an en suite bathroom, coffee making facilities, wonderful views of Mount Sabyinyo, Wi-Fi, Private fridge, and 3 single beds.
Twin beds room has an en suite bathroom, coffee making facilities, wonderful views of the gardens, Wi-Fi, Private fridge, and 2 beds.
General In-Room Amenities Include;
- Internet/Free Wi-Fi
- Bathroom shower
- Work/Reading Desk
- Air conditioning (Fire place)
- Non-smoking rooms
- Premium bedding
- Daily housekeeping
- Premium-type Mattress
Facilities And Services At Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge Include;
- Complimentary breakfast
- Internet/Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour front desk service
- Coffee/tea in the lobby
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge
This is a good mid-range hotel set in spacious grounds. It has beautiful views of the surrounding volcanoes and is only a 15-minute drive from the headquarters of Volcanoes National Park, which is the starting point for gorilla trekking.
Guest Accommodation At Mountain Gorilla View Lodge;
- Mountain Gorilla View Lodge has 40 individuals cottages constructed of brick and tile.
- They are well spaced out and provide lots of privacy.
- The cottages are very big inside, too, with plain plastered walls, and simple but comfortable furnishings.
- The sleeping area is slightly raised above the height of the lounge with wooden laminate flooring.
- The en-suite bathroom is fully plumbed and comes with a hairdryer and complimentary toiletries.
- Each cottage has a fireplace that can be set by the staff with a log fire in the evenings – a good idea as gets very chilly at night at this altitude.
Facilities And Services At Mountain Gorilla View Lodge;
- Have a basic bar and restaurant, serving generally good home-cooked fare, and a large lounge that is split into three seating areas.
- With low reed ceilings, burnt-red walls, a fireplace and patterned rugs on the floor, each of these felt quite warm and cozy.
- Outside, there’s a veranda with soft seating, and a small fire pit where guests can gather in the evening to share stories about the day’s trekking.
- Every evening a local dance group gathers to perform traditional Intore dancing on the lawn.
Food & drink
- Depending on the occupancy, dining can be either a buffet or à la carte.
- The lodge offers a breakfast buffet which included a range of breads, fruit and cereal. There are also a number of hot dishes as well as an egg station with eggs cooked to order.
- For lunch you can choose from an à la carte menu. The tasty vegetable quiche is served with potato croquettes, buttered carrots, green beans and a side salad; this was followed by a large slice of apple pie and ice cream.
- Dinner consists of a three-course buffet. The lodge offer pumpkin soup, grilled chicken, rice and a traditional Rwandan vegetable stew. The selection of tempting puddings included small cakes, tropical fruit and chocolate profiteroles.
- Wine is also served
- Security guards patrol the property 24 hours a day.
- Laundry is available at an additional cost
La Palme Hotel
La Palme Hotel is located in Musanze City about 14 kilometers from Volcanoes National Park. It offers accommodation to business and Leisure travellers to Rwanda including those interested in Mountain gorilla trekking. Musanze Caves are located just 3km from the hotel.
The accommodation at the hotel includes fully furnished rooms and suites. The full breakfast is included in the room service rate.
Every room at La Palme Hotel is equipped with a telephone. La Palme also offers you High-speed internet in rooms.
Facilities And Services At La Palme Hotel Include;
- There is a Mini Bar that makes you enjoy a range of drinks carefully selected for your unique taste and satisfaction.
- There is also a unique and renowned restaurant that will delight your senses with French and Oriental kitchens. African meals can be obtained on prior request.
- Breakfast; La Palme offers you breakfast with no additional fees every morning
- La Palme offers 4 conference halls with capacities ranging from 10 and 150 people with enough space for meetings, workshops, and other events.
- Internet; La Palme Hotel offers you High-speed internet in rooms, restaurants, bars, conference rooms.
- Car Parking; Ample parking space available at La Palme Hotel
Gorillas Volcanoes Hotel
Gorillas Volcanoes Hotel is a modern hotel with a unique character and a pleasant ambiance located in Musanze north of Kigali. It is situated about 16km from the Volcanoes National Park.
Accommodation At Gorilla Volcanoes Hotel Includes;
- 31 spacious comfortable rooms with an ensuite bathtub and shower
- Room categories include deluxe room, Twin room, and Executive suite.
- Each room here will provide you with air conditioning, a balcony and a terrace.
- Featuring a bath, private bathroom also comes with a bath or shower and a hairdryer.
- You can enjoy Mountain View and pool view from the room.
- Extras include a hot tub and a seating area.
Facilities And Services At Gorilla Volcanoes Hotel Include;
- Dinning & Entertainment: the lodge offers the optimum blend of superb cuisine, ultra-fresh locally-sourced ingredients, globally-inspired menus, and vibrantly colourful entertainment.
- Bar; offers both soft and hard drinks
- Meeting and event facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Wi-Fi (Free)
- A Fitness Center
- A shared lounge
- A tour desk and luggage storage
- The property offers free parking
Garden Place Hotel
The Garden Place Hotel is a uniquely spacious hotel offering comfortable stylish accommodation to both business and holiday travelers.
It is strategically located, about 14km from Volcanoes National Park. The Hotel offers a distinctive blend of comfort, warmth and personalized hospitality. The luxury rooms boast a view of volcanic mountains.
The Garden Place Hotel is a perfect option location for those wishing to do gorilla tracking or simply to come to relax in the serenity and beauty that the Virunga Mountains of Northern Rwanda has to offer.
Accommodation At Garden Place Hotel Includes;
The rooms of The Garden Place Hotel are extremely comfortable equipped with precious materials.
9 Standard rooms | 7 Double Rooms
- Standard: King size bed with quality linen
- Double: 2 Double beds
- Plenty of storage for clothes
- Modern bathrooms/shower with plenty of hot water and pressure
- Flat-screen satellite TV
2 Executive Rooms
- Spacious rooms with separate living room area (one with a completely separate room, the other with ½ wall divider.
- 1 with Kitchenette featuring a microwave, small fridge, coffee pot, and sink.
- Desk/study area.
2 VIP Rooms
- Spacious room with separate living rooms
- Kitchenette featuring a microwave, small fridge, coffee pot, and sink
Facilities At Garden Place Hotel Comprise
- Restaurant and Bar
- Free Internet in all rooms and public areas for guests
- Dining room (in-room dining upon request)
- Secure parking
- Conference space
- 24 hours front desk service
- Handicap accessible
Budget Lodges In Volcanoes National Park
Villa Gorilla is a boutique hotel located at Kinigi, about a 5 minutes’ drive from the park headquarter. It is a perfect base for your Rwanda gorilla trekking tour in Volcanoes National Park.
Within the villa, there are 4 comfortable double occupancy bedrooms, each with private bath and toilet facilities.
Gorilla Villa also has 3 superb en suite garden bungalows, all with volcano views. Villa Gorilla is the perfect fit for small groups or a family looking for comfort, personal attention from attentive management, privacy, and lovely views of the mountains.
It has beautiful mountain views of the Volcanoes National Park, famed stronghold of the mountain gorilla and research site of Dian Fossey.
The visitor restaurant offers excellent meals; breakfast, lunch, dinner, and trekker’s picnic.
Muhabura Hotel is found opposite the Musanze District headquarters on your way out of town on the main road to Rubavu (Gisenyi).
The hotel is located about a 13 minutes’ drive from volcanoes National Park. You will find it on the right hand site after you have passed the Bank of Kigali building.
Accommodation at Hotel Muhabura includes;
30 rooms and apartments that offer a cozy environment to relax in after gorilla trekking or a day visit to the Northern area of Rwanda.
The room categories include single, double, and twins. The rooms are self-contained with hot shower or bath.
All rooms are comfortable with in a very quiet setting. They all on the ground floor level with veranda and balcony.
The hotel also has two camping areas; camping in the garden and overlanders. There are also a number of quiet and intimate bungalows.
- A warm shower
- Laundry service
- Satellite TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Garden view
- Desk/sitting area
- Free toiletries
- Bath or shower
- Wake up service
- Towel and linen,
Facilities At Hotel Muhabura Comprise;
- Offer à la carte menu.
- You can also order for typical African dishes such as like zingalo, brochettes or velouté de champignons.
- The food is served by professional staff with various cooking style and delivered in a quick and accurate manner.
- Several travellers on their way between Kigali and Rubavu (Gisenyi) stop here to have a rest, a drink and enjoy a meal.
- Has a variety of nice sitting places (barstools and tables).
- It has an attached balcony that offers a panoramic view of the volcanic chain.
- The bar is well stocked with both soft and hard drinks.
Garden; behind the main building
Children play ground; with a swing; seesaw and several play sets. It can be supervised from the terrace.
Gift shop; with locally made handcrafts such as clothes, baskets, hand bags, and other items
Conference facilities; suites for meetings, special occasions, like weddings, birthday parties, company gatherings, etc
Parking; a large parking area near to the restaurant and the conference hall
Kinigi Guest House is located adjacent to the Volcanoes National Park, 4 km (8 minutes’ drive) from Volcanoes National Park.
The guest house has 20 rooms all with electricity and hot water while basic and sparsely furnished.
There is also a bar and lounge area where you can swap stories about the gorillas and other animals seen throughout the day.
The restaurant offers a variety of dishes. Meals of the day depend on the menu. There are also shared kitchen facilities.
They also offer a laundry service at the hotel with payment by donation on an honesty basis.